Sunday 18 September 2011

Summer Party

And not just any summer party, but the Association of Pension Lawyers Summer Party. Ok for some of you that may not sound the ultimate fun party, and I grant you its not exactly a stag do in terms of licentious behaviour. But pension lawyers are more fun than you probably give them credit for, and certainly better company. I admit you may be working from a low expectation basis, but trust me on this one.

And we had a lovely venue, the restaurant at the OXO tower, overlooking the Thames, as the sun slowly set. Luckily it was a lovely evening so I spent the whole time out on the long balcony chatting to various friends in the Association that I have made over the years, from those of my vintage, and even older, to young lawyers who have only just qualified.

And did I mention the waiters constantly plying us with champagne and first class canapes? Are you warming to the idea yet?





Anyway, the evening passed very amiably and I found myself getting the last tube home. I slept well, if not for long enough.

So thanks to Claire for organising it, and looking suitably dissolute here...

No comments:

Post a Comment