Sunday 22 January 2012

Rodney Bay, St Lucia

Most of the hotels, and therefore tourists, in St Lucia are concentrated on the North West coast, and unsurprisingly that was where I ended up, at the bottom of the long sweep of Rodney Bay. And yes it is everything you would expect of a Caribbean resort. View from my balcony was this

So yes, palm tree fringed beach with plenty of sun, (my face is still falling off - very hard not to get sunburnt)


























 plenty of watersports for the adventurous (ie more adventurous than me)





and a nice pool to laze by.





And the hotel was very pleasant, although half was shut for renovations. Being tropical it could be open to the elements, so one could dine right next to the beach, and indeed settle into the hotel lobby which had no walls to restrict one from the sea-side, although a roof for the occasional rainstorm. Most rain was extremely fleeting - a few drops no more - but one storm really came down so I was grateful for the nearby shelter. And for some reason, while I sat comfortably waiting for it to stop, the hotel cat decided that I, and only I, was the most comfortable spot for her to ride out the rain too. Now I have never much cared for cats, but they do seem to like me. So this one happily sat herself on my lap, and when bored tried to make forays up my chest, less than welcome given her claws were unclipped and the top of my chest somewhat red and tender.


No comments:

Post a Comment