Sunday 30 June 2013

Wallenstein Palace, Furstenberg Garden, Museum of Decorative Arts, and a general wander on my last day in Prague

My last day in the City so a few hours to mop up some sights. First up should have been Wallenstein Palace and Gardens, but it was only the Palace, the Gardens being locked off due to the floods.

Wallenstein Palace had to be part of a mop up operation as it is only open at weekends. It is home of the Czech senate which is why it is closed midweek, and why such a magnificent building has free entry. It is a Baroque Palace with a truly stunning main hall.










Impressive wall-covering this - its embossed leather

















Finding the Wallenstein Gradens closed I had to find an emergency alternative to get my garden "fix". Luckily round the corner are the Furstenberg Gardens, another precipitous floral display. Its actually the largest of the gardens covering the lower slopes to the castle - 130 metres wide and 35 metres high, covering 10 terraces.



































My other target for the morning was the Museum of Decorative Arts. A nice building, well almost every building in Prague is, but the contents are what I was after, collections of glass, clocks, photos, ceramics etc





And being my last day, I just did some pottering and took snaps while on my way, so here is a random collection of  photos of Prague.
































No comments:

Post a Comment