Sunday 20 March 2016

Green Park, St James' Park and Delacroix exhibition.

I went on an unexpected walk on my day off. How do you go on an unexpected walk? Well I expected to go to the exhibitions at the Royal Academy, but on getting there was informed the wait to enter was about an hour and a half. At my age that's just too high a proportion of my remaining lifespan to spend in a queue on a nice day.

So instead I headed off into Green Park.





 Then onto Queen Victoria's statue





Then across St James' Park, in my opinion the finest of all the Royal Parks

















 An unexpected sight, not one jogger but a whole army squadron, with look outs in front to0 clear the way.

The old cottage, with its resident pelicans, is truly picturesque.













And a grey heron came to join his more exotic cousins.


























Thence I walked back to the National Gallery to see the Delacroix Exhibition. This was very much part Delacroix and part people who either influenced him or were influenced by him, especially the Impressionists. Only problem I felt going through the exhibition was that all the people he influenced seemed to be a lot better painters than he was.

No comments:

Post a Comment