Thursday 18 November 2021

Public Service Broadcasting at Brixton Academy

I like PSB a lot more than most people I know, so I went to this gig on my own. And as they are not the most energetic of bands I decided to go in the balcony and take a pew in the front row.

Support was a band called the Skinner Brothers. Never heard of them and suspect I won't again





Public Service Broadcasting played a set heavy on tracks from their new album Bright Magic. They are very much a band who have developed over the time I have been following them. This album is very much an advance towards some dance oriented music. And most vocals are in German....In addition to the usual line up of J Willgoose Esq, who started the band and really is its guiding light, drummer Wrigglesworth, JF Abraham Esq on most other instruments (notably the flugelhorn regrettably eschewed by most other popular beat combos) and Mr B (who mostly does the art work) for most of this set they were joined by EERA, a lady who had also formed the second support act. A great voice, but her own songs were rather bland.



J Willlgoose Esq



JP Abraham Esq
J Willgoose Esq
Wrigglesworth (no Esq)





Full ensemble with added three man brass section plus 3 dancers








 Honestly, a great night. Never have a bad one with PSB!

No comments:

Post a Comment