Tuesday 17 May 2022

Weekend in Haywards Heath

For the first time since Covid I went down to see my mate Neil and his family in Haywards Heath. A lovely weekend.

We took a picnic and and visited Sheffield Park. Watched by a herd of cattle...


And then headed into the gardens. I have visited them before but in autumn when they are renowned for the autumn colours of the trees around the lake. But in Spring they have their attractions too - mostly the stunning rhododendrons. 


















Olivia posing nicely under the white rhododendron. Wouldn't that be a great spot for a wedding photo?




















The Gunnera at this time of year have a slightly outer space look to them



Bluebells still in season here










And the park has a fine old cricket pitch








After our walk we had dinner in a local pub - the Sloop. Including the golden retriever who was incredibly well-behaved throughout


And the following morning Neil walked the dog - and me - through neighbouring woods and fields.
Someone big into wood carving. I liked the parrots




And back home - my own flowers



 

No comments:

Post a Comment