Monday 24 October 2011

25 years on and Scott Capuro

Well, that's a quarter century done. 25 years of working life, all at the same firm. Adventurous or what?

Very kindly my colleagues produced a drinks trolley on Friday evening and we downed a few bottles of bubbly to celebrate. Unfortunately I had already arranged to go out with a couple of mates, so I just got them to come up and join us for a bit. A chance to reminisce on earlier days, pre e-mail, but when we had a telex machine. And what on earth did we do before PCs? Well clearly I did something.

Then headed out to the delights of Palmers Green for a comedy night at my local pub. Actually this could have all gone so wrong. The audience was tiny, so small that the compere went round the tables urging us to move forward and promising not to pick on us if we did. And then the main act hadn't turned up, leaving a floundering MC to pad out his material as best he could. Just as he was on the point of offering us free tickets for the next night, the main act arrived. And thankfully Scott Capuro was just brilliant. At least my mates could see why I had dragged them up to the back of a pub in suburban North London. Scott's quickfire acerbic gay wit is just terrific. If you like that sort of thing. Luckily we did. A good end to 25 years.

Now to start the next 25....

No comments:

Post a Comment