Monday 24 October 2011

Haywards Heath and Sheffield Park

Spent the weekend with one of my colleagues and his young family in Haywards Heath. One of the advantages of being a partner in a City law firm is that you can afford a splendid pile. None of your little London backyards. His kids have huge lawns to run around in.




Very much at the younger end of kids I know - may be a few years before I am taking them to gigs, although the 2 year old is already into Top Gear! His little sister was ever so cute and almost from the first moment smiled at me and opened her arms to be picked up. I thought this must be my friendly face, but soon recognised she had just spotted that I, or any passing adult, was a more convenient form of transport around the house than crawling. Just hitch-hiking for babies really.





Another ridiculously nice sunny warm weekend for mid-October. Even butterflies out in the garden.


We made the most of Saturday afternoon at Sheffield Park. Originally a Capability Brown garden but later altered, this is just the most picturesque spot in autumn. The place is swarming with photographers, not just snappers like me but out with tripods. Its a poor man's New England in autumn. They even charge a higher entrance fees this time of year, so great is the demand by people just to see the glorious autumn colours of the trees reflected in the artificial lakes, with the grand gothic house in the background. Forgive me, but I took lots of shots. But not bad are they?







More? Oh yes there are more




























No comments:

Post a Comment