Saturday 4 February 2012

Hadouken!

My eye for a bargain meant I couldn't miss Haddouken! at the Garage in Islington. Couldn't be a more convenient venue for me - I can walk there after work with my best mate from the office, and the tube station is literally across the road to get me home afterwards. And ticket price was only £10.

For once I missed the support act due to stopping in a pub to have a few drinks with my mate. No regrets, great pub, great company, can't think of anything better. Then I let him return to the bosom of his family, a hundred yards away (so-o convenient) while I went on to the gig.

Hadouken! are a dance band. Had only seen them as a support act before and from a distance (at Wembley), so great to see them up close in a small venue with an enthusiastic largely teenage audience. James Smith is a pretty fair front man and I like their style. They have two albums behind them "For the Masses" and the brilliantly titled "Music for an Accelerated Generation." Sample lyrics - "We are the Wasted Youth. But we are the future too." Ok, maybe I am not the target audience but they were good value for the night.






And the crowd were pretty insane.


No comments:

Post a Comment