Sunday 25 March 2012

Burgled!

So there I was coming back Saturday night after the Nero gig, buzzing slightly and then as I was about to put the key in the door, bugger, I saw some low life had jemmied open my front window.

Gone through the whole house opening draws and boxes evidently looking for cash and jewellery (and maybe car keys but my lack of automobile put paid to that.) Very distressing last thing at night. Police came round pretty promptly but not much they can do. And really annoying thing was that I had a fair bit of cash in the house having been paid for a theatre trip in midweek to see All New People with some colleagues and for a gig in the Barbican in the summer. Which I left in the house for safe-keeping rather than take in my wallet to Brixton. Wrong decision!

Of course the real cost is going to be in mending the sash windows. So, further security measures clearly needed. What does annoy me are all these civil liberties twats who worry about CCTV. A bit more surveillance rather than less would make this a happier place to live in. Like anyone else who thinks about it, my freedom not to be burgled or mugged beats my freedom to be seen on a camera any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment