Saturday 30 November 2013

Venice on arrival

My first visit to Venice since I was student, and this time I did it in a little more style.

Venice is a very easy place to get to. Booked hotel and flight online, obliviously mid-November is very off peak, airport is nice and simple to navigate and then straight on to the water-bus to St Mark's Square, where I had booked a hotel literally in the street behind it. Perfect.
Stylish even at Marco Polo airport
 St Mark's Square at night on arrival



The Hotel is a very niche spot. 24 hour reception is quite impressive when there are only 12 rooms, all "suites" ie you get a sofa with your bed. But it is a king size bed. So large you could have a purely platonic relationship in it.

 Obviously all marble bathroom

And especially nice as I got breakfast served every morning at the time I requested, wheeled in and set up on my little breakfast table. All a far cry from sharing a room when inter-railing. Although this time I was a sad old man rather than a happy student with young friends.

The other rather neat thing about my room is it had its own balcony overlooking the canal and its little bridge.


A better than average view from your bedroom window don't you think?




 My room is the first floor one on the corner

No comments:

Post a Comment