Monday 10 November 2014

Poppies

A sunny Monday morning, so I thought with most people at work I would go and see the poppy display at the Tower of London. Just me and all the tourists anmd all the others who don't work especially the retired. The place was packed out, but most people only wanted to take a few photos, like me, so it didn't take long to get to the front of the crowd. So here are the poppies. I've seen them so you don't have to. 

Of course its aim is a memorial. But its also one of the greatest works of modern art of the 21st century. not greatly liked by the critics because of course it was too good an idea for them. A shapeless lump of rusty iron would probably suit them more. The rest of us vote with our feet.











A few people have poignantly personalized the whole affair with testimonials to their relatives. 









  





















Well I wasn't going back through that crowd to get to work, so I crossed tower Bridge and walked back on the opposite side of the Thames. Affording some nice views.




















No comments:

Post a Comment