Saturday 27 April 2019

Two Door Cinema Club at the Oval Place

I was fortunate enough tio be invited to this gig by a mate of mine who had found this gig in Bethnal Green. Actually I had seen it too, but while n Egypt and was sold out before I had the chance to buy. The venue is a small one, I understand usually used for raves rather than gigs, especially not for artists of the calibre of Two Door Cinema Club. I had also seen the main support before, Circa Waves, and have an album of theirs, so this was a treat.

Made more so by the fact that the first support, Anteros, of whom I had never heard, were way better than an opening support act has the right to be. Truly excellent lead singer - looked the part, attractive, magnetic, with a very fine voice, not shrill like many blond lead vocalists who are put up to be pretty, but strong and yet nuanced. Just very good.










Circa Waves were promoting a new album. They are an underrated band. Good as an afternoon slot at a festival.











 


 And then we got the main act. Two Door Cinema Club also have a new album coming out and this show had some new stuff along with their incredibly upbeat early indie stuff. They can do little wrong in my book. Have a very youthful following too, so their new stuff is equally popular. I will happily take every opportunity to see them live. Just such a good set of songs to pump out.























No comments:

Post a Comment