Monday 15 March 2021

Another Saturday down the cemetery

Honestly, lockdown hasn't given me an unhealthy interest in death and the macabre. Just that cemeteries are about the only things open and I can use them for meeting one other person for gentle exercise. In this case, my mate Bish.

Weird day weatherwise - sun interspersed with hail showers. Hail was not fun, and it was cold, but the sunny intervals made for interesting shadows across the antique graveyards of Highgate.




And we were joined by a large and healthy looking fox. I know, not the best photo....








In one corner of the graveyard is a modernist glass box house. As you might expect. Nothing incongruous...




We even managed a decent takeaway lunch in Pond Square afterwards. My first biryani in over a year. Just in a little plastic box, but nice after all this time. This is, of course, Highgate, so my Indian street food was served by a posh white bloke. Highgate is very middle class....

Snapped a nice photo of a thrush on the way, having a drink on a cricket pitch. Yes, there has been a lot of rain...



Back home my front garden has a pleasing array of daffodils, although they have suffered a little from recent train and high winds. Not as vertical as I would like!



At least I made use of some fallen daffs in my hallway display.



A neighbour's palm. Could pass for the Tropics, were it not for the freezing winds.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment