Thursday 10 November 2022

Cut/Copy at Fabric

Did feel weird going to this gig, especially when I met the uber cool arty son of one of our partners at Kings Cross. He was just on the way home, while I, 60 year old pension lawyer, was just on my way out for a night at the renowned night club, Fabric.

And because this place is a nightclub rather than a standard venue, not only did they want tickets but they also wanted to see ID. "ID?" ie asked the doorman quizzically. He quickly looked me up and down and just said "You can go in." Obviously I didn't look troublesome!

Also because this is really a club, there is no gap between stage and audience. As I went to the front I could easily have just reached out in front of me and untied the trainers of any member of the band in front of me. But it did mean I spent the night looking up at the acts. Crick in the neck time.

Openers were a group called Goose. Very decent dance band. Liked them.






Cut/Copy are an Australian electronic dance act. They have been around for a while and clearly have a bit of a cult following. The crowd was an interesting demographic, very even gender split and wide age range from about 20-50 I would have said. In short, no particular "type". 

Enjoyable, although not knock out. And also, being a club, very late finish. Gone 11pm. We old folk have beds to get to....











 

No comments:

Post a Comment