Friday 11 May 2012

New Order/Old Order

Ok, maybe I was bit jaded as this gig was my third in 5 days. But actually I think it was more the band. Or maybe the audience as a whole.

First up was the support - Jake Evans. Ok, but nothing to write home about. Or on a blog, so I won't bother.



As for the News, well I have seen them many times, but this was supposed to be the band reformed. But I felt somewhat cheated as it was reformed without Peter Hook on guitar. And that's a big chunk missing. And Bernard Sumner, great though he is, well you can't get away from the fact that he can't, and never could, sing. Which can grate after a while. The songs are of course terrific, and happily stand the test of time. But if anything it was the audience that was lacking compared to the previous two gigs of the week. A much older audience and it just felt less fresh. Indeed maybe what would work better would be New Order supporting a band like Pendulum and so taking this stuff to a younger crowd. In truth, I think the band looked bored. And probably were.














No comments:

Post a Comment