Friday 11 May 2012

A weekend visit

A return visit this weekend from my Oxford friends.

What to do with two small children and dodgy weather? Well we avoided tthe obvious hell of a crowded Natural History Museum, and headed for the V & A on the Saturday.

Rather mysteriously the place was full of girls in rather strange doll like clothes. I think it may have been for a fashion photo shoot. Intriguing anyway.





The kids did enjoy the place, especially the 9 year old. The place wasn't too crowded, apart from the cafe which meant a very late lunch before we could get a table.

The plaster cast gallery was a particular hit with the kids, notably the knight monuments, and Trajan's Column.






And after I cooked a Sunday roast for us all (rather good even if I say so myself), we do the same again  (or nearly) with a visit to the British Museum.





The kids, I should say, are quite adorable and never seem to misbehave. Honest!




And I claim the award for cutest but oddest kiddie pic of the year, with this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment