Sunday 23 December 2012

Bill Bailey

Bill Bailey has a quite unique talent. As a pure stand-up comic he would good enough. But he is also a talented musician. Not just in the way Tim Minchin is, in being able to craft comic songs and play an instrument. Bill Bailey, it seems can play everything, as a glance at the instrument strewn stage would prove.  But its also the way he can weave all this into his act, with dub step versions church music for example, that really show off his talent.

A great performer to take kids to as well, although they may lose some of the cultural references to a past age (I was going to say like to Abba, but Abba has of course continued to find new audiences). But he doesn't swear and doesn't do sex either. (Well he might in private, but you know what I mean.)

I will definitely go again when next he tours (I have seen him twice before so I know what to expect, and that I won't be disappointed).

No comments:

Post a Comment