Sunday 9 December 2012

Elbow at the O2

I can't easily express how much I enjoy seeing Elbow. It is probably a better experience than watching any other band. Musically they have so much to offer from melancholy ballads like I Leaned on you Tonight or my favourite, Fugitive Motel (played for the first time at a gig I have attended - I have only got used to it from their most wistful album, Cast of Thousands) to real anthems like One Day Like This (with which they closed the encore. Its their equivalent of Hey Jude. The crowd would sing it all night given half the chance.)
On top of that you get Guy Garvey's personality. Relentlessly genial and humorous, its fun as well as everything else. You just can't help escaping in a ridiculously good mood. You ought to be able to get Elbow tickets on prescription. Far more effective than anti-depressants. One can even face the long haul home from the O2.























No comments:

Post a Comment