Saturday 21 February 2015

Interpol at the Forum

Sadly, I gave up on trying to find someone else that I thought would appreciate Interpol (and even I have to admit they are not the best of live bands) and just went on my own. Which was actually a nice enough experience, although my dinner did just consist of a cereal bar, a packet of crisps and a pint of cider.

First up were a band (or duo) called Slaves.

This was just punk on steroids. Now I know there has been precedent for a guitar and drums duo (White Stripes, Royal Blood) but for me this is just far too crude. Blokes shouting over a thumping a drum kit just doesn't have the textured sound I am looking for.






Slaves were clearly not the reason I had come. Interpol were. I have to say that this was the best performance I have seen from them. I just really like their music. A great, slightly depressing guitar band. Will definitely go again when next they come over from the States. One of America's better (and certainly cooler) bands.

My one whinge was they fooled me at the end. Like very band, they "finished" and then returned for an encore. But then shortly after I had relinquished my spot at the front, they came back again for a final song. I suppose my own fault. In gig terms, its not over til the fat lady sings, but not over until the lights go up.






































No comments:

Post a Comment