Sunday 27 December 2015

The Vaccines at Brixton

 I wasn't really sure that I was up for this gig, not least as I was going on my own. And I found myself surrounded by young girls. It later became clear this wasn't because the Vaccines are especially boy band material, just that all the young blokes were in the middle and later formed a surprisingly voracious mosh pit, while I was at the edge with the women and children, or because of the demographic, women who virtually were children.

First support were ok although the bloke did seem to model himself on Bob Dylan (and I hate Dylan)




Second support came from the rather good Palma Violets. Had seen them before so knew what to expect. Quite raucous but a good energetic sound and stage presence.









But then the Vaccines. Their new album English Graffiti is really pretty good ( I had done my homework before coming so was familiar with it) although not as good as their first. And better than their second. We were served a mixture from all their albums. Best was actually the opening track from their second album, No Hope, played just by lead singer Justin Young on his own, at the beginning of the encore. More poignant for being solo. But overall a fine gig and the Vaccines are definitely worth catching live.




















  
And with the encore, the confetti. Was still pulling bits out of my jacket the following day.





No comments:

Post a Comment