Saturday 27 August 2016

Botanical Gardens

My last day in Amsterdam and I had stored up a visit top the Botanical Gardens. They are no Kew, but I did enjoy my trip. The thing with Amsterdam's gardens compared to Kew is size. Amsterdam's gardens are compact. They fill every inch, but it really is a rather small site.





And as we are basically talking flowers here, well don't be surprised to see and almost endless set of photos of blooms. But jolly well taken even if I say so myself. Especially the butterfly house.

 We wee alerted at the ticket office that the Amazonian lily was in bloom. This was the big attraction of the day. Have to say it was quite beautiful.









A lotus flower - equally pretty




































 Like Kew they have numerous large glasshouses for various plant conditions - dry desert to humid jungle.










































 And into the butterfly glasshouse. Lots of butterflies but takes patience to wait for them to stay still enough to take any photos!











































No comments:

Post a Comment