Saturday 27 August 2016

Hometime

Sadly was the end of my Amsterdam trip. I had got used to pottering around the canals and had almost got my bearings when time to go.



 Chose a sweet looking pub for a final drink. Sweet looking and empty - which was no surprise when one found how bad the service was. When you struggle to get served in an empty bar....


And finally back on the ferry. And thereby hangs a tale. Handed over my ticket to be given a little pass with a bar code to insert into my cabin door. But to my surprise I found the cabin already occupied. No one there but clothes strewn around and the TV on. So I thought maybe I was supposed to share the cabin, but not clear which bunk was mine. Then I noticed on the side table that there were two handwritten tickets for this cabin. So clearly I wasn't sharing as there were two people here already. I had been gazumped!

So I went back to customer services on the boat and was given an upgrade. So I ended up with a family cabin right at the front of the bat with a big porthole and a double bed. Yes!






No comments:

Post a Comment