Saturday 25 April 2020

Garden update

I could use these updates to say something profound, or witty, about the state of affairs in the world, or my feelings in lockdown. But everyone is doing that enough I reckon. Suffice to say for me there is a fairly simple question. Is getting out worth the risk? One problem with that question is that I don't really know what the risk is. I mean firstly what can I do that really has very little risk? Walk down the street - surely almost no risk. The park? The shops? Then if I should catch it, what is the risk of serious harm? Well low, but how low?

But until things become clearer (if?) my feel is that if I don't have to take risks I won't. And just at the moment while I don't like being stuck in the house, I am not going crazy. And there is nothing really to go out for. So rather than mope, or go on about how I am feeling, I shall concentrate on the garden. Because that is all that is happening right now. So be prepared for months of floral photos rather than bands, or exhibitions, or travel. 

So where are we? Well my raised bed for bedding plants is just starting to produce flowers.



So are the borders. At least they look healthy









Petunias going great guns




I have few geums of various sizes which are coming out. Nice bright perennial. 







But what is genuinely stunning is my wisteria. See previous posts. Will only last a few more days, but at the moment the profusion of flowers is just amazing. As is the weather. So I now just set myself up in front of it with something to read, a mug of tea and some biscuits. And sigh that I can't have anyone round to share it with.



















 






No comments:

Post a Comment