Monday 11 July 2022

Beach House in Brixton

I do like Beach House. Proper Shoegaze band producing chilled out music. A new companion for me here, the son of one of my ex-colleagues. Young Eoin had been ineterrailing around Europe but flew back to Luton Airport just in time for the gig. Managed to find him at St Pancras (harder than I thought as I thought I was manning the only exit!), get him and his enormous rucksack home and then set out again for Brixton. Starting with dinner a the satay bar, which I really like (and so did Eoin!)
Support act were very much in the same sort of mould as Beach House, although we never got a clear view of them - always in shadow.

And then the lovely Beach House. A delightfully mellow set. Fortunately the decidedly un-mellow northern girls behind us that couldn't stop whooping decided to move on after a while!









Next day when the big man had finally roused himself from his bed (well to be fair we had a late night chatting and drinking, and he had been travelling all round Europe!), we gathered in the garden...
...and then headed for a local Italian restaurant, which seemed to suit the lad fine.


And then just a matter of getting him to Paddington for his journey home to the West Country. Via the newly opened Elizabeth Line from Tottenham Court Road.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment