Monday 11 July 2022

Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats at the Roundhouse

This band isn't within my normal taste band. But it is one of the rewards of having a circle of friends that one of them introduced me to this lot. Otherwise they would have gone right under my radar.

So here they were, at one of my favourite venues, the Roundhouse

Their support was a country singer who didn't look like she sounded. She sounded like she should be a skinny white girl singing country, but she was black and, shall we say, of a fuller figure. But great voice and personality and sung some covers as well as her own songs, including 9 to 5.


Ten onto the main act. Unfortunately I had been too busy to listen to their new album even though I had bought it (and listened to it subsequently) but that didn't seem to hinder my enjoyment. Great musicians and a great sound. But how Nathaniel could wear a suit with waistcoat in that heat I do not know!


James singing along. I don't think he gets out too much now having acquired a puppy and a baby!






And James on way home. Hadn't seen him in absolutely ages, so lovely to get him out.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment