Monday 22 April 2024

Exploring Downtown (mainly)

A friend, in selling me Montreal, described it as a clean version of New York. And that isn't so unfair. It does have its skyscrapers (although not quite on the scale of Manhattan, and it is certainly massively cleaner!

With my sciatic really painful I found my self only able to walk about 100 metres at a stretch, so I was exploring very gingerly. Thankfully Montreal has far more public seating than New York too.


My hotel was right on the edge of Chinatown, so not only an obviously place to walk to, but also to lunch in. With difficulty, I found this place in a rather rundown development





This is an Olympic monument from the Montreal Games of 1976. All the Canadian Olympic medallists are inscribed on the mirrored finish and overall it is meant to be a representation of the Olympic torch



Mary, Queen of the World Cathedral



































































































 

No comments:

Post a Comment