Tuesday, 29 September 2026

Apartment in Seville - Calle Conde de Ibarra

Another holiday in Seville. 

This time I brought out my young friend Eoin. I had been on holiday with him before but with another youngster. I was a little concerned that he would be bored without someone roughly his own age (and indeed this holiday was originally planned for three of us). But I needn't have worried. We got on extremely well and settled into a nice rhythm - I got up reasonably early in the morning, headed out to do some sightseeing, leaving him to wake in his own good time, meet back at the apartment for lunch, chill a little on the roof terrace then do some sightseeing together and finish going out for dinner - almost always tapas.

Now I mention this rhythm as quite relevant to our flat. Which was fine but had two "foibles" that were not made clear on the particulars (for obvious reasons!) . One was that the only bathroom could only be accessed from the main bedroom (below), ie my bedroom


The spiral staircase led up to the second bedroom (ie Eoin's) and the roof terrace could only be reached, yes, through his bedroom. So it helped that I would be up and out before he awoke, and that I only really wanted the roof terrace in the afternoon!
The photos of the place centred on the courtyard in the middle of the apartment block, which was indeed rather nice, but only ever something you passed through briefly



Having said all that the main thing for us was that it was extremely close to all the main sights in Seville, like within 15 minutes of everything we wanted, including restaurants.

And we did love the roof terrace, just shaded enough to sit and read with a drink or two (and often a melon!) in the heat of the day




And a Desperados Mojito became a favourite tipple, alongside a bottle of sherry

And Eoin loved Seville. Its a great city. I don't think he realised how good it would be, but it was most satisfying to hear him wax quite so lyrically about the places we visited😀











 

No comments:

Post a Comment