Tuesday 24 August 2010

Thusday 19 August - Reunion and Starnberger See

This morning managed to meet up with my friend Tom, after several calls and e-mails. Tom is I guess whatever the electronic equivalent of a pen friend is nowadays (e-friend?). I first met his young family out in Mauritius. Was so touched by the way even when other English friends had left, they and another German couple would still invite me to join them for dinner, and then would even talk amongst themselves in English just so I could understand the conversation. Anyway, lovely to see him and his little girl Laurena again, even if only fleetingly. Will try to visit again at a more convenient time for him. I really do like Bavaria and indeed all the Germans I ever meet. I think if I ever had to move to another city, Munich would be my choice.


Then after lunch as Tom headed off to see his newborn nephew, I took the train to Starnberg and stepped straight on to a boat to travel round Starnberger See. This is I guess the equivalent of the Lake District.. Could have done with a brighter day for taking photos, though in part the angry sky added a certain interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment