Sunday 16 February 2014

Yala - a place to rest one's head

So now for 3 nights at Yala. Before I get into the National Park, a word on where we stayed. Again, because I booked late I was lodged in a different hotel for the rest of the party. They were staying in the super cool new minimalist Jetwing hotel in Yala. It looks really good and is brand new.

The catch, according to my fellow travellers, was that the staff were new too, and the average age seemed to be about 14.









I was a short distance, but about 20 minutes on a dusty track, away in the older Cinnamon Wild Hotel. This was a very different kettle of fish, and much more like the safari lodges I was used to in Africa. It had its own lake to walk around (with lots of birds and 10 crocodiles) a nice pool overlooking the lake, and the rooms are all in little bungalows. Ironically as  a single traveller I even had a triple room.




And the room cleaner even made a little elephant out of leaves and plants stems just to put on my bed.

The peacock the following night was even more impressive.


 My room/bungalow


A nice pool

 


And from the end of the pool you can look over the lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment