Sunday 13 July 2014

Temples at the Garage

Annoyingly I forgot my camera for this gig, so only a couple of stock photos for this page. Particular pity as this was one of the best gigs I have ever attended. Firstly the Garage is such a splendid venue - "intimate" (ie small), so only a short trek to the bar, and being just opposite Highbury & Islington tube, very convenient. Went to see Temples with my trainee, and I don't expect to see this band again in such a small venue. Which will be a pity as they suit a spot like this.

Very much a retro image, its sort of psychedelic rock. You might refer to them as a modern day take on T Rex, but that is not to say they are in anyway derivative. Their debut album Sun Structures has a whole host of great tunes on it, all played tonight. Well this had to be the case as that was their material - a feature of seeing a new band is you hear all they have to give. Listen out for them - they should only go up. I expect to see them at festivals and supporting really big acts in the future.

Ashout too for two excellent support acts in Telegram and the Merrylees.

One nice thing for me was that when Andy went off to the loo, I started chatting with a couple of guys who although younger than me were very much at the upper end of a young audience. I said i was with my trainee and they assumed I had been dragged along by him, and asked if I was enjoying them. I felt ever so pleased to say it was the other way around, and it was me the old bloke taking my junior to see a new band rather than vice versa!



No comments:

Post a Comment