Saturday 23 September 2017

Dubrovnik early morning

Ted had announced he was going into the Old Town early next morning for breakfast before we headed off to Split. Thibault isn't keen on breakfast, whereas I like getting out anway, so I joined Ted. After a few more photos from my balcony.









Even early morning Dubrovnik is quite busy. It is a living town after all, as well as a collection of gift shops.

 But no where near as busy as later on.



Ted and I had breakfast at first place we came to off the main drag. A mistake. Rather poor fare for the price. We should have stuck to Thibault's practice and done some research first. I was then expecting to do a little sightseeing with him before returning to our driver (who doesn't like being kept waiting) but Ted had other ideas. And surprising ones. Who, on a trip to Dubrovnik would think, I know, I will buy a guitar? Game of Thrones t-shirt yes, but a guitar?

Ted in flat with new purchased guitar, strumming away at the Rising Sun.


Anyway, I happily pottered around on my own taking photos in the comparative peace and nice golden light. It really is a beautiful town.

















 And finally a charge up those 400 steps again. Thibault set 10:30am departure time. Better get a move on.

Groan.


No comments:

Post a Comment