Thursday 1 October 2020

Lodi

 You are not likely to have heard of Lodi. I don't think it is really a "destination." Indeed it wasn't one for us. It was just a convenient stopping point for lunch and a stretch of the legs on the drive between Milan and Pisa. We parked a little way from the centre and it didn't look too inspiring. This is a monument to the Italian Resistance in a style which I can only say thankfully never really caught on.

But every Italian city seems to have a castle (Visconti Castle here)





But better still, every Italian city has a lovely square. And Lodi was no exception Piazza della Vittoria. Really charming. With the compulsory cathedral





Note the unusual looking lions - I guess sculpted by someone who had never seen a lion.  Although the odd expression might arise from finding oneself holding up a cathedral😊




Lunch was a reasonable pizza. Bit much for me but I am not a great fan of the pizza.
























No comments:

Post a Comment