Thursday 17 December 2020

Sunny morning

 After such a number of poor days, it was ironic that I got a perfect blue sky day on the same day as I had agreed to do a charity quiz at work. But that still left me the morning for a walk, albeit (largely) to places I had been many times before. So sorry if some of these shots look familiar, but brighter!

New River Path









Broomfield Park





















Corrib Court, formerly a Victorian/Edwardian school converted into flats over 30 years ago - was being done when I moved into the area.



The Woodman pub

When I first moved into the area this was by far our favourite pub, but indoors it was tiny. It is actually two workers cottagers for the estate merged together, and so long predates all the housing that now surrounds it. As I say, indoor space was tiny, but in summer one could enjoy it's very large beer garden, which I and my flat mates did.

Then they effectively stuck a conservatory on the side and served pretty decent food. It became very popular so you needed to book if you wanted lunch at the weekend. A couple of years back I did warn a mate of mine of the need to book, and we duly did for Sunday lunch. Only to find that we were the only ones there. We soon found out why. Someone had the bright idea of "simplifying" the menu, so now there was no food you would want to eat for Sunday lunch and hence no customers at all. Not been back to eat since. 



Grovelands Park

The fine house here is now part of the Priory hospital group - private health care for those who need residence somewhere lovely. (Rich people's addiction clinic.)









I half want to turn this squirrel photo into a Christmas card.






Oakwood Park

This was a new destination for me, beyond Grovelands. Another nice park left over in North London's 19th and early 20th century developments




As you can see, quite extensive and not over manicured.


It even retains an ice well.















No comments:

Post a Comment