Saturday 1 May 2021

Visit from my bubble

I was fortunate enough to enjoy a weekend visit from the couple who formed my bubble. Clarissa came up first on Friday and after lunch we did over 20kms walk across North London parks that I have done and photographed before, so just a few curiosities here. 

Rather good shot of a squirrel.


At Oak Hill Park, the largest collection of crows I have seen. (More than in Hitchcock's The Birds!)



Mandarin ducks at Trent Park


The Water garden at Trent Park


Lovely display of primula on a sunny afternoon

So after all that walking Clarissa and I decided to reward ourselves with cocktail;s at the Cock Inn which had just reopened.
And then some more

I didn't photograph the third round lest you think us dipsomaniacs....😊

Anyway, we got home in plenty of time for Thibault to arrive after work, and had stodgy takeaways.

Next day we walked down to Highgate and visited the cemeteries.









My favourite graveyard photo...





Thibault became chef for the evening - cooking some massive and very tasty steaks... 


Sunday we walked up the New River Path to Enfield and had lunch at the Coach and Horseshoes. Big plus points of this pub are that it is in a lovely setting in Gentlemans Row and has a massive beer garden. Minuses? Pretty rubbish food and poor drinks selection, sadly typical of the standardised Greene King fare. Such a pity that big breweries effectively force out independents and provide instead not enough to make you want to use the pubs at all. But it is relatively cheap. I guess you get what you pay for.

Back home, after three successive days of over 20kms walking, Clarissa cooked a stir fry for us, so I think I did very well out of the weekend. And got my second jab on Monday. Result!

No comments:

Post a Comment