Monday 26 May 2014

Montjuic Castle

Needless to say after the wedding which went on to 3 am (although I conceded defeat at 2am) there weren't many people in breakfast. Well none from the party apart from me. I was aiming for a trip up the cable-car to the castle.



 Up at the castle there are a few guns on display






 but the main features are of course the views down to the City or the port below











































A large number of the guests met up for lunch - I got to the tapas bar at around 2pm. And left at 8:30pm. That's my idea of a lunch. Probably accompanied by more beers than I ought to have had. But it was nice chatting with a group of people who prior to this weekend I had never met. Then I got the last train back up to the hotel, taking a few shots of Barcelona at night as I went.





 I was in breakfast at 7:30 next morning as I had a flight home to catch. I was literally the only person in breakfast so I had the terrace to myself, and took a few last shots from my table of the city in the early morning light.



 And then awaiting my taxi out the back. The car park did tend to have a few classy cars in it. Clearly this is one of the hotels to stay in Barcelona



No comments:

Post a Comment