Thursday 22 May 2014

Parc Joan Miro and and Las Arenas

On returning from Parc Guell I thought I would pop in and visit Sagrada Familia. Oh no. Not a "pop in" place. The queue for tickets was enormous, and rather than an evening slot I went for one for the following day. Patience dear reader.








Tickets duly stuffed in my wallet I decided to wander through Eixample and as far as Parc Joan Miro. A nice day so I thought a second park might be in order.

First ground floor of a moderniste building - the neo-Gothic Casa Amatiler.








 Then some other grand blocks in passing.



To the modern Parc Joan Miro. I have to say I was disappointed by this. One colourful giant bit of modern art (by Joan Miro of course), some bits of water in rather minimalist concrete surroundings.

















Nearby is the old Barcelona Bull-ring. No longer used for bull-fighting, so what do you do with a redundant bull-ring? Turn it into a shopping centre with multiplex cinema of course.



With restaurants on top to allow one to admire the views around. Liked the views more than the restaurants.







No comments:

Post a Comment