Saturday 27 June 2015

Potsdam (3)

The grounds of Potsdam are of course spectacular and extensive. I was dead on my feet by the end. But there are several little gardens as well as one long, long walk down the the Neues Palace.














 The Orangery is enormous, and also unfortunately being renovated. But I did manage to get on one of the guided tours (in German).








As you can see, its pretty extensive renovation work.

























 




















They were very protective as to their parquet flooring

 So much so that we were made to wear these oversize slippers. How we got round without a fall I don't know. It was like an ice-rink but wearing floppy skates.













 The Dragon House (now a restaurant)


The Belvedere. Attractive building, but I confess That I wouldn't have made the slog out to it if I had realised that it was closed for renovation.











No comments:

Post a Comment