Sunday 28 June 2015

The German History Museum

My last day, so I went back into town to visit the German History Museum, and take a few more random photos in Central Berlin on a very sunny day.















I popped into Humboldt's Box, the modern structure just behind the fountain below, built largely to promote the reconstruction of the palace behind it.


 Model of Berlin with what the palace will look like when finished, making Museum Island even more impressive.




The top of the Box offers decent views across the "square".




 The German History Museum is well worth a visit. One can't get a decent view of it because the centre of the road is taken up with work on the Underground, but the contents of the Museum are really absorbing. I wish I had much more time in it - I had to rush the 20th century section.













If you are wondering, its a plague helmet - a sort of early gas mask.










No comments:

Post a Comment