Tuesday 17 November 2020

Autumnal Walk -Tottenham Marshes

 The aim of my journey along Lordship Lane was to reach Tottenham Marshes, or at least the Lee Valley Regional Park. Not easy to reach as you need to get over a railway line, and industrial estate and a major roadway. 


The nice part really is the canal side, although it suffers from the usual hazard of towpaths - cyclists.


























Not all the views are bucolic.













And there are areas away from the waterway, albeit a trifle featureless and scrubby.



Now when I take photos I do try to show the best of places. I like pretty things. But sometimes I feel I ought to add a little honesty. So here is the footpath I took coming back from the reserve - just across the road from it. You can judge for yourself how welcoming this is ....


Don't you just love the feeling of security you get from being hemmed in on both sides by barbed wire?

My return journey also took me a long White Hart Lane and so past the new Tottenham Hotspur Football Ground. A real beast of a building, but certainly a lot more impressive than the old stadium.






No comments:

Post a Comment