Saturday 7 November 2020

Autumnal Walks - New River Part II

 A stunningly nice autumn Saturday so I walked up to Enfield again along the New River path. But this time walked back again rather than get the bus, so a good four hour round trip, avoiding public transport as we are supposed to do in lockdown. My ultimate aim was a particularly smart bakers in Enfield Chase who do oat and sultana cookies to die for. I intended to but a dozen for lockdown. But when I got there they only had one left😢

Some people might think a four hour round trip for a single biscuit a disproportionate amount of effort. But it was a lovely sunny day and who knows how many of those we will have this side of Christmas?












A wigeon. I think





























Bush Hill Park golf course, but sans golfers...


















No comments:

Post a Comment