Sunday 16 July 2023

Blur at Wembley stadium.

Community festival felt big at 25,000, but this was Wembley. 70,000 crowd. And we met up late, Bish, Andy, Jonathan and I, so no getting to the front. More like the half way line.

All the reviews for this gig that I read were very positive, but I would put it as middling, although getting better as the night drew in. It's a stadium, so really the sound quality was not great. I doubt the reviewers were in the middle of the pitch. 

They opened with a song from their new album, also positively reviewed as being fresh, but I feel that if it didn't have the "blur" brand behind it no one would give the new stuff a second listen.








The mobile phones came out during the ballads, which is rather more impressive in real life than on photos. Honest.

Phil Daniels came out for Parklife to rapturous applause






I circled to the back during the encore, my companions having already escaped for early trains. Nice finish of Tender is the Night, with backing gospel choir, and finally The Universal, complete with glitter balls!









 

No comments:

Post a Comment