Sunday 16 July 2023

New York New York

Despite numerous visits to the States I had never been to New York. So when my erstwhile colleague Shakes invited me over to show me around I leapt at the chance. I am not one to turn down an invite😊


Shakes at Heathrow


So a first afternoon in New York, as our early morning flight plus time difference meant we arrived late Monday morning. First impressions were, unsurprisingly, that it is a bit overwhelming. And big.




As Shakes and I arrived before the girls (who were coming in from Washington in the evening) we set about finding lunch and then our Airbnb. And for lunch Shakes suggested the famous (apparently) steak house, Peter Luger. Yes it probably was the best steak I have ever had, washed down by a nice bottle of Merlot. But its not cheap - New York is insanely expensive. So that was over £250 for lunch for two and we hadn't been there for more than a couple of hours!


After that, and settling our bags into our Airbnb in Brooklyn, it was time for a walk in Brooklyn with views across to Manhattan.
































 

No comments:

Post a Comment