Sunday 20 May 2018

Marais meandering

My last day in Paris. Val and Betty headed off first thing. so I had the day to myself. And I decided to spend the morning wandering around the district we were staying in, the Marais.


Hotel de Sens








Sq George Cain




Place des Vosges




After that very pleasant around an essentially medieval area, I then went for grander 19th century walk from the Arc de Triomphe to L'Opera. I have to say this was less enjoyable. Busier, more crowded.






 Around the Champs Elysees are the Grand Palais and the Petit Palais. Both closed because May Day holiday, as everything else was, but still attractive from the exterior.























Church of the Madelaine. Carefully photographed as the right side is covered in scaffolding


And finally the Opera House


Or really finally, Gare de Nord. Eurostar home.Zzzz


No comments:

Post a Comment