Sunday 4 February 2018

Monteverde Butterfly Garden

Monteverde's real attraction is the reserve and its cloud forest. I had booked to do that the next day, so in the spare afternoon I had I decided to go to the Butterfly Garden. I didn't regret it. I was invited to join a guided tour, and the tours sounded very good, but I really just wanted to potter around on my own with my camera. I would definitely recommend this place if you are in the vicinity. The people who run it are lovely and it all has a pleasant homely atmosphere, not the atmosphere of a clinical scientific establishment.






























These are glass-wings - note the transparent wings. Remind me of our new £5 & £10 notes


The set up of the garden is that it has three "greenhouses" with butterflies of varying regions. In between it is just the general undergrowth, and on tree I came across this beauty - a Blue-crowned Motmot.





















  And outside as I was wandering back - another good view of a White-faced Capuchin Monkey with a baby

Before dinner I found a vantage point to take some landscape shots in the low light.











No comments:

Post a Comment